DUI: A SERIOUS CHARGE IN ILLINOIS
A Driving Under the Influence (DUI) charge can have devastating affects on your life. Penalties for DUI in Illinois have become harsh and unforgiving. Even for first time offenders, a DUI charge will result in the suspension of your driver’s license, and a DUI sentence will result in stiff fines and Court costs, and high costs associated with an alcohol evaluation and aftercare.
A first-time offender can be charged with a felony DUI and be subject to increased punishment and fines if the driver caused injury to another, or death, or did not maintain auto insurance or possess a valid driver’s license at the time he or she was arrested for Driving Under the Influence. Repeat offenders will face mandatory jail sentences.
In addition to serious legal ramifications, a DUI charge can also have a detrimental affect on your livelihood. Loss of employment can be a very real problem, even for one whose job does not involve driving. Suspension or revocation of your driver’s license can affect your ability to drive to and from work. Your auto insurance carrier may drop you. Sentences which require community service may force you to take time off from your job, or may force you to take time away from your family. If you lose your job, you may have a difficult time finding employment, as many employers run background checks, and/or require that their employees maintain current, valid driving privileges and clean driving records.
These are just a few of the legal, professional and personal reasons you need an experienced DUI lawyer to defend you if you have been charged with the offense of Driving under the Influence. Illinois DUI laws are complex. You need a qualified, tenacious lawyer who will fight to protect your rights and minimize the impact that a DUI charge will have on you, your family, and livelihood. David B. Franks has successfully defended persons charged with the offense of Driving Under the Influence (DUI).
Contact Attorney David B. Franks today for a free initial consultation.
- DUI In Illinois
- DUI: Misdemeanor or Felony?
- DUI Sentencing Chart for Illinois
- DUI Alcohol & Drug Evaluations
- If You Are Pulled Over For DUI
- If Stopped For DUI, Don’t Incriminate Yourself
- Medical Cannabis & DUI
- Roadside Safety Check / Roadside DUI Arrests
- Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- DUI Conviction Consequences For Those On Student Visas Or Work Permits
- Approved Breathalyzers
- Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock Device (BAIID) And Monitoring Device Driving Permit
- Monitoring Device Driving Permit (MDDP)
- Zero Tolerance & Underage Drinking
- The Legality of Search and Seizure in DUI Cases
- Watercraft and Operating Under the Influence (OUI/OWI)
- Wisconsin OWI Offenses